We are a community of communities, and we gather together not only for worship, learning, and service, but also to share common interests, to make friends, and to strengthen the bonds of fellowship among us.
We meet once a month (usually the 4th Tuesday) at 10:00am in the Parish Hall St. Stephen’s.
Bow Tie Ministry
Bow Tie Ministry invites you to look your best and contribute to the St. Stephen’s Legacy Fund at the same time. So far, we have raised over $17,000!
- Episcopal Shield neck/head wear:
Bow Ties $ 45.00
Neck Ties $ 55.00
Scarves $ 55.00
Youth Items* $ 10.00
*Neck ties, pre-tied bow ties, barrettes and hair bands
Care of Creation: Faith in Action!
Care of creation, and the climate crisis in particular, was discussed with urgency at the 2019 General Convention. Sheila Andrus (Bishop Marc’s wife) worked to develop an exciting online tool to help Episcopalians nationally transform their concern into action and results. Sustain Island Home allows parishioners to measure their carbon footprint, and offers strategies to reduce our carbon emissions and measure our impact. Part of the fun is that parishioners identify their church, so churches can track their progress.
Here are the goals outlined in the Covenant of California Interfaith Power & Light (CIPL) of which St. Stephen’s is a member.
- Educate our congregation on energy production and usage in relation to global warming by offering weekly tips in our Sunday bulletin, articles in our monthly newsletter, and sponsoring speaking events.
- Conduct an energy audit of our buildings to identify sources of energy waste and the potential financial savings of energy related improvements.
- Make energy efficiency improvements in our congregation’s buildings.
- Utilize renewable energy by purchasing green power, installing solar panels, or contributing to a wind turbine fund.
- Analyze, reduce, and offset our greenhouse gas emissions with the goal of becoming a non-polluting congregation.
- Support public policies that contribute to our goals
All are welcome to come and help keep the gardens of St. Stephen’s beautiful. We come together on the Second Tuesday of the month from 9-11am. We do a little work and have a lot of fun!
The men meet one Saturday morning each month. This is an informal group that will meet over coffee, from 8-9:30 a.m., to talk about issues of the day, the spiritual life, etc.
We meet 4 Mondays a year.